Vulnerability Detected in Microsoft Windows Defender
Vulnerability Detected in Microsoft Windows Defender # 58
A rights and entitlement upgrade vulnerability with code CVE-2020-1170 has been detected in Windows Defender . The attacker needs to log on to the system to exploit the vulnerability. Thus, the attacker can take control of the system affected by the vulnerability with high authority. By taking control of the system with high powers, critical operations such as file deletion, file creation and file execution can be performed in the system.
Applications and systems affected by the vulnerability are as follows:
• Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010
• Microsoft Security Essentials
• Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection
• Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Endpoint Protection
• Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection
• Windows Defender
• Windows 10 Version 1709/1803/1809/1903/1909 x86/x64
• Windows Server 2019/2016/2012R2/2012/2008R2/2008
• Windows 10/8.1/7
It is recommended to make necessary updates on the specified systems in order not to be affected by the vulnerability.